Sunday 8 May 2011

Lazy Lasagne & Winkworth Arboretum.

I confess this is last year's wisteria as this spring it has been so dry that the show has been disappointing. At last after two rainless months we've had a deluge, thank goodness.

Above photos of Winkworth aboretum must be credited to the National Trust as, what with all the puppy's gear, I forgot to take my camera. We were just a bit too late for the bluebells and even the azaleas but it's a lovely place for a day out, lots of hilly walking, and you can take dogs on leads. Tea room not very exciting but we found a pub on the way home, one that welcomed dogs too. (How my life has changed) We should probably have splashed out for the Winkworth trees guide to more fully appreciate the rarity of some of the specimens.

Recipe for Lazy Lasagne.  Ingredients: fresh lasagne pasta (dried wd do), light crème fraîche, grated cheddar, tin chopped tomatoes, minced beef, red onion, garlic, fresh or dried herbs to taste, courgettes, grilled aubergines if desired, passata (sieved tomatoes).
Grease large gratin dish and add layers of chopped tomatoes & herbs (oregano or mixed), lasagne, fried mince & onions with garlic & herbs & passata, layer of finely sliced courgettes, plus grilled aubergine slices if desired, layer of lasagne on top, then layer of crème fraîche topped with thick layer of grated cheese. Bake in moderate oven for half an hour or until top is brown & pasta cooked. Keeps warm well. You could leave out the mince and add more tomatoes, courgettes & aubergines for vegetarians.  Saves all the faff of making a cheese sauce and seemed lighter.
If you want to know about the accents è is Alt +0232 and î is Alt + 0238. Can't remember how I know that but there must be a list somewhere on yr computer. Must be in Help somewhere. Listed here too.

7 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

What a magical place that must be to visit.

I love lasagne and feel the need to make some right now having just read your recipe.

Talli Roland said...

Gorgeous!

I love lasagne - the lazier, the better.

sablonneuse said...

Sorry I haven't been 'around' for a time but I just had to come and catch up with Otto's progress. He's obviously keeping you busy and amused with his antics. Thanks for sharing his photos and telling us all about him - the little pickle!

galant said...

I love lasagne and will write that down ... wish there was a way I could just copy and paste it from your blog, I shall try, as I'm lazy about writing anything down! But it doesn't sound too lazy to me, there seems quite a bit of prepping to me! But the end result sounds delicious with those ingredients!
Margaret P

LindyLouMac said...

A lovely place to visit, not been for years, but did manage a trip to Polesden Lacey last week while we we were in the UK for a few days.

Susie Vereker said...

Thanks for your comments, bloggers. Must go to Polesden Lacey.

suzy doodling said...

These photographs are breathtaking Susie. Thanks for posting these. Also I adore lasagne. Will try this style sometime.