Tuesday 17 November 2009

The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.

The third volume of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy is even more gripping than the first two. Kate Mosse, the writer (sorry, am sure all readers of this blog know who she is), has written an excellent review of the books, and I urge you to read it, and the books themselves, of course. Admittedly Larsson's writing is sometimes a little flat - could be the translation - but his plotting is so complex and skilled most readers won't want to put this one down. Actually, you have to put it down because it's very long and exhausting to read, but all the same I stayed awake until one a.m. to finish it - not a ideal peaceful bedtime read as it keeps your mind buzzing. As I said, I'm only sad that the author has died and there won't be any more adventures with the highly unusual Lisbeth Salander, her enemies and supporters.
Yes, I know it was extravagant of me to buy a hardback but I had to purchase something to keep my Airmiles, or so they said. Whether I'll ever remember to use said miles is another matter.

5 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I haven't read any of his books, but they do sound good. Such a shame he died.

Lane Mathias said...

I've been meaning to check out this trilogy. Thanks for the reminder!

cheshire wife said...

I have read a lot about Stieg Larsson but not read any of his books. I must try to rectify that.

I have had to acquire two new credit cards to keep my air miles.

Jenny Beattie said...

I've just bought the first. Thanks for the recommendations.

LindyLouMac said...

My husband and I both want to read this trilogy so will be very interested to see what Kate Mosse has to say as we enjoy her writing as well. Thanks for recommending the Trilogy Susie.

As for the Airmiles, same thing happened to us, like wise we seem to earn them but never spend. However we were loathe to loose any.